Statement Of Faith
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God (2 Pet 1:21), without error in the original writings, the written record of His supernatural revelation of Himself and His will to mankind, and the Divine and absolute authority for all Christian faith and life (Mt 28:18; Jn 1:1).
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen 1:1; Jn 1:1; Mt 28:19).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (Mt 26:63, 64) and Son of Man (Mt 16:28), having been conceived of the Holy Ghost (Mt 1:18) and born of the Virgin Mary (Mt 1:18), and is Himself very God (Jn 1:1).
4. We believe that Jesus Christ the Messiah died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice (Rom 3:25, Eph 5:2).
5. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection of the same body that was laid to rest in the tomb (Jn 20:25-27) provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God (Jn 14:6).
6. We believe that Jesus arose bodily from the dead (Acts 3:15, 26; 4:10), ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High (Mt 26:64), He now is our King, High Priest, Advocate, Lord and Savior.
7. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate and seal the believing sinner, as well as indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer to godly living and service (Luke 12:12; Acts 1:8; 2:38; Eph 1:13; 4:30).
8. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained (Gen 1:27; Gen 3).
9. We believe that we are justified and saved freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ and His resurrection (1 Pet 3:21), which is a free gift of God (Rom 3:24; Eph 2:5; Rev 22:17); having been buried with him in baptism and raised with Him through faith in the power of God (Rom 6:4; Col 2:12), we are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head (John 3:7; 1 Pet 1:23; Eph 4:15).
10. The Christian’s responsibility and his normal attitude of life is to yield himself to God, trusting God to keep him (Rom 6:13; 1 Cor 1:8; Jude 1:24).
11. We believe in the personal coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer. Jesus Christ, who is seated at the right hand of the Father (Mt 26:64; Mk 16:19; Lk 22:69; Heb 8:1; 10:12), will come again to earth in glory the second time (Heb 9:28): personally (Acts 1:11; 1 Thes 4:16), bodily (Acts 1:11; Col. 2:9), visibly (Mt 26:64; Rev. 1:7), to judge the living and the dead (2 Tim 4:1; 1 Pet 4:5), and His kingdom will have no end (Jn 3:16, 10:28; Heb 9:15; 2 Pet 1:11; 1 Jn 1:2, 2:25, 5:11).
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead and that God’s people will receive an imperishable body unto His glory and eternal joy with the Lord (1 Cor 15:53; Phil 3:21); of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment (Jn 5:28,29).